We were approached by our client, Breast Cancer Haven who were in need of a strategic marketing campaign to increase awareness and engagement during Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2018. After submitting our proposal, which outlined our recommendations and how we would incorporate their initial ‘Power Hour’ concept, we were chosen to run with our creative-led campaign.
Not only did we run a successful campaign, but the Punch Bunch got heavily involved in fundraising, running a day full of activities including; a bake sale, pub quiz and raffle, with all proceeds donated to the Leeds-based cancer charity.
Read on to see the brief, what we did and the results it delivered…
• Boost fundraising throughout Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2018
• Highlight the importance of breast awareness, education and research
• Encourage both new and existing supporters and partners to get involved with fundraising
• Raise awareness of emotional, practical and physical support services
The charity was eager to use their ‘Power Hour’ concept within the marketing campaign, focusing on the element of time, asking individuals to dedicate ‘one hour’ of their day to fundraising activities – this hour was also linked to the clock’s going back in October.
With this in mind, we proposed a creative-led strategy, which would not only give them a strong brand presence but also increase exposure and enable them to achieve business and communication objectives.
The ‘My Power Hour’ campaign would be focused on encouraging individuals and businesses to get involved in fundraising, whether that be in the office, at home or the community.
• A heartfelt video, speaking to visitors of Breast Cancer Haven and how the charity supported them and their families;
• A range of promotional materials, including; website banners, posters, animated social posts;
• Direct mail ‘spinner’ with fundraising ideas and information about the charity and ‘Power Hour’ campaign;
• ‘My Power Hour’ branding, in line with BCH brand guidelines and inspired by the concept of time – part of the logo was a clock face!
• 51% increase in website traffic
• 62% increase in newsletter signups
• 400% increase in Facebook impressions from our animations
• Positive campaign feedback from supporters and partners
The campaign was a real hit with supporters and partners, and saw many people develop innovative fundraising ideas to support the charity; from sponsored walks, runs and cycles to bake sales and office games. As a company, we’re looking forward to working with the Leeds-based charity again this year, with some more exciting campaigns in the pipeline – watch this space!
February 11, 2019