Love it, hate it, or simply don’t understand it… Social Media is an effective tool to deliver your message across a wide range of new technology and an ever growing audience. From Facebook, twitter, flickr, Linkedin, Youtube etc… businesses across the UK are capitalising on this media to great effect to gain a further foothold with their sectors not only with existing customers but also with younger audiences further afield.
After reading this post, if you would like to know more about social media and the power it can give to your business, punch creative have several packages to help manage your requirements from simple set up and design to full campaign management and strategy.
You can contact us today on 0113 255 7285 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Social Media is often first point of call by people using the internet (total use of search engines is around 11% of all time online). This is especially true via mobiles, where people check in hourly / daily in many cases – if you’re not there you’re not on their radar. [Source: socialmediainfluence.com]
• Social Media can be effective in generating inbound marketing and direct sales. For instance stores such as ASOS and H&M now have transactional sites on Facebook and YouTube. Mazda UK sold 100 cars with a Social Media discount promotion and Domino’s Pizza UK attribute some of its 2010 29% rise in sales to a link up with FourSquare. [Source: marketingmagazine.co.uk]
• Social Media is an excellent tool in a PR campaign, encouraging a deeper brand engagement and through online Word of Mouth, peer recommendation. Those who come to a brand via Social Media are, according to the IAB, 50% more likely to share this information with family and friends. [Source IAB]
• 37% of UK smartphone users have a social networking app on their phones which they use at least once a week. [Source: Initiative, June 2010]
• Twitter claim to have 190 million users and that there are some 65 million tweets a day. [Source: Econsultancy blog, July 2010]
• 75% of Twitter traffic is generated from outside of twitter.com. [Source: Econsultancy blog, July 2010]
• 40% of respondents clicked the „like‟ button for, or „liked‟, a company, brand or association on Facebook to receive discounts and promotions. [Source: ExactTarget, September 2010]
• There are more than 60 million status updates on Facebook everyday. [Source:Facebook, August 2010]
• 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news blogs etc) are shared each month on Facebook.
•LinkedIn has grown by an impressive 100 percent from last year, it now has over 100 million users across the globe. Interestingly, 56% of these users are from outside of the US.
Social Media Census 2011 Results
[Source: Simon Sanders at Lanson Conversations]